- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, sugar, onion, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the sour cream, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead for 1 minute. Shape into a round loaf; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. With kitchen scissors, cut a 1/4-in.-deep cross in top of loaf. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (8 servings).
Reviews forParmesan Herb Loaf
"This bread was really great I really enjoyed it. I am glad to get this recipe because you could use this as a basic recipe and use different seasonings."
"This loaf was very easy to make and very delicious. My family just loved it. One loaf is not enough for 4 people, need to make 2 loaves."
"This loaf is so easy. We absolutely loved the flavors. Just one comment though, this loaf is fairly small so if your husbands a big eater like mine consider this 2 or 3 servings not 4."