Parmesan Ham Pasta
I always keep the ingredients for this pasta dish on hand, so I can whip it up pronto. People who try it always ask for the recipe.—Nancy Ringer, Dwight, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute ham and mushrooms in butter. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Stir in spinach and cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain pasta; stir into the ham mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 640 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1322mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Parmesan Ham Pasta in Country Woman March/April 2000
Dec 11, 2016
It was good but the calories and sodium are way too much for me.
May 17, 2011
Oct 21, 2009
Good, fast & easy. Needs some spices, was a bit bland. Added garlic.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.