- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 small loaf (8 ounces) French bread
- In a mixing bowl or food processor, blend butter, oil and Parmesan cheese. Add garlic, parsley and lemon pepper; mix or process until smooth. Slice the bread on the diagonal but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Spread butter mixture on one side of each slice and over the top. Wrap in foil and bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forParmesan Garlic Bread
"Yummy garlic bread - this is our favorite! I found this in my 1997 Taste of Home Annual Recipes Cookbook. It's messy, but it's soooo good! -Lori in WI."
"This is an excellent garlic bread recipe, definitely a keeper! I made the garlic-Parmesan butter a day in advance and refrigerated it, covered, then let it come back to room temperature the next day before proceeding with the recipe. And I cooked the foil-wrapped loaf on the upper rack of the gas grill."