Parmesan Fish Sticks
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons garlic-herb seasoning blend
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. In another bowl, whisk eggs. In a third bowl, toss bread crumbs with cheese and seasoning blend.
- 2. Cut fillets into 1-in.-wide strips. Dip fish in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in eggs, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- 3. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spritz tops with cooking spray until crumbs appear moistened. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
1 serving: 281 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 154mg cholesterol, 641mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Mar 4, 2017
Mar 3, 2017
My husband loved it and I thought it was pretty good, but spicy. I'm guessing that must have been because the only garlic-herb seasoning I could find was Zatarain's and perhaps it had other spices in it.