- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 10 crackers)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tilapia fillets (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine the crackers, cheese and salt. Dip fillets in the flour, egg, then cracker mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forParmesan-Crusted Tilapia
"Very good! easy to make. Love the cracker crust."
"loved this crispy crust"
"sounds delicious but has too much fat."
"I love this recipe! I have never been able to cook fish very well. I always seemed to over cook the fish. This recipe is super easy and delicious! Can't wait to make the recipe again!"
"Very good! My husband loved it very much!"
"a big hit with my 4 and 6 year old and my sneaky husband! Tasty and very easy!"
"Wonderfully good! What more can I say. Everyone around our table said it was a keeper. Simple ingredients and easy to make, looked wonderful too on the plate. We had the Marmalade Candied Carrots (TOH) and the went wonderful with it and the sauce that spilled over on the fish was a great combination."
"Delicious! I'm not a big fish eater, but this is my favorite fish dish thus far. I made exactly as the recipe instructed, using regular Ritz crackers. The breading is tasty, and that hint of lemon adds the perfect extra flavor."
"Yummy! Very flavorful, tastes better than Olive Garden's!"
"My family really liked this. Good flavors."