- 2 small Braeburn or Gala apples
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Honey, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut a 1/4-in. slice off top of each apple. Core apples, leaving bottoms intact; place in a microwave-safe 8-in. square baking dish. Microwave, covered, 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, mix cheese, oats, flour, brown sugar and nutmeg; stir in melted butter until crumbly. Carefully fill apples with oat mixture. Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until topping is golden brown. If desired, drizzle with honey. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forParmesan Crisp Baked Apples
"I loved this recipe! The apples area in season, and the savory touch the Parmesan adds is perfect!"