A dear friend and I wanted to make an easy apple crisp. We made a Parmesan filling, stuffed the apples and baked them whole. They were a hit! —Susan Stetzel, Gainesville, New York
Featured In: 16 Thanksgiving Recipes for Two
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 small Braeburn or Gala apples
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Honey, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut a 1/4-in. slice off top of each apple. Core apples, leaving bottoms intact; place in a microwave-safe 8-in. square baking dish. Microwave, covered, 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, mix cheese, oats, flour, brown sugar and nutmeg; stir in melted butter until crumbly. Carefully fill apples with oat mixture. Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until topping is golden brown. If desired, drizzle with honey. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Crisp Baked Apples in Taste of Home September/October 2015, p10
Reviews forParmesan Crisp Baked Apples
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2015
"I loved this recipe! The apples area in season, and the savory touch the Parmesan adds is perfect!"