- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender (do not drain).
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir into the vegetable mixture. Add corn and cheese. Cook 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews forParmesan Corn Chowder
"I agree with the other reviews. This is so tasty and easy to prepare. My hubby and I actually like the sligtly sweet taste from the creamed corn and I also add some frozen corn to the mix. I process 1 1/2-2 cups soup in the food processor then add back to the pot for extra some texture. Add chopped ham after processing. YUM"
"This is some of the best chowder I have ever eaten! I think I could eat this every week and never grow tired of it. I made it as written. easy, inexpensive, filling, and YUMMY."
"I used almond milk and subbed swiss for the Parmesan cheese. Added mushrooms"
"The cream corn made this soup a little to sweet for me. I also ended up adding a bit of hot sauce and thyme to give it some kind of taste."
"I add a tbsp of Thyme at the end - making this my favorite corn chowder. I made this all winter and will continue through summer into the fall with fresh corn!"
"My family absolutely loves this soup!!"
"I made this for a party for my first grader's class. Everyone loved it."