- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese or Brie cheese with herbs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Assorted crackers and/or fresh fruit
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg and water. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip Brie in egg mixture, turning to coat all sides; coat with crumb mixture. Repeat.
- In a small skillet, cook Brie in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with crackers and/or fresh fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forParmesan-Coated Brie
"When doing this recipe or any other that covers a round of Brie do you remove rind?"
"Do you suggest removing the rind first?"
"I love any recipe where the main ingredient is Brie or Camembert!"
"I don't recall ever seeing an 'appetizer' disappear as quickly as this one. Only good thing was I had the ingredients to make a second one ... bless toaster ovens."
"When I made this, it was gone in a blink of an eye! I was shocked. Definately will make this again!"
"I made this for my cookie swap two years ago and again last year. I couldn't remember the name of the recipe last year, but remembered the ingredients so tried it from memory. Both times it was a hit. It gets requested for all my parties now. The cheese will ooze out very nicely once you cut it and is oh, so good."