Parmesan & Chive Biscuits
“I’m an emergency room doctor, and in my free time, I love to create new recipes like this one,” says Sonali Ruder of New York, New York. “I hope you enjoy these tender, flaky biscuits as much as my husband and I do!”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons beaten egg, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine milk and 2 tablespoons egg; set aside. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk mixture just until moistened. Stir in chives. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Combine remaining egg and water; brush over biscuits. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 147 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Parmesan Crusted Chive Biscuits in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.