- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Italian rolls, split
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup marinara or other meatless pasta sauce, warmed
- Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another bowl, toss bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese.
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink, 4-5 minutes per side. Serve in rolls with provolone cheese and sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forParmesan Chicken Sandwiches
"Just finished these delicious sandwiches...easy to make and absolutely delectable. Used ciabatta rolls. Definitely keeper sandwiches!"
"We really enjoyed these sandwiches which were quick and easy to make. I had two really thick chicken breasts, so I cut them crosswise in thirds and didn't have to pound them too much to get them to the right thickness. That gave me the makings for six sandwiches so we are looking forward to leftovers tomorrow night. I used shredded pizza cheese that I had on hand and also used my own home-canned spaghetti sauce and homemade hamburger buns which I toasted first. Once the breaded chicken was done in the skillet, I topped the individual portions with cheese and then poured the spaghetti sauce over all and simmered for a few minutes. Very tasty, I will definitely be making these again."
"My husband's favorite meal in a sandwich! I used thin sliced chicken breast, so no pounding, and I had enough for 4 sandwiches. I held the salt until after the chicken was fried. I topped them with the sauce, cheese and popped them under the broiler to melt it. Finished it off with a sprinkle of Italian seasoning on top. Perfection!"
"These are WONDERFUL! The family loved them and they were so simple and easy to make. I did add a little extra Parmesan because the family loves it. Will definitely make again and again!"