- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) Parmesan couscous
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook walnuts over medium heat in 1 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until toasted. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add the spinach, chicken, water, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Stir in walnuts and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forParmesan Chicken Couscous
"I made this last night, and it was a big hit. I will definitely make this again."
"Love it , easy to make"
"Pretty good. Very easy to make, one dish, but unique. I wasn't sure about the walnuts and spinach, but they ended up adding some nice crunch and extra flavor.The directions were a little unclear. I figured it out, but they don't say what to do with the spice packet in the couscous box (I added it to the boiling water mixture). Still, I'll definitely make this again!"
"I made this recipe as is and my husband and toddler LOVED IT! I will definitely be making this again soon."
"any suggestions if I want to substitute regular couscous to avoid sodium? what's in the packaged parmesan couscous that I could add in"
"easy and yummy!"
"Just made this last night and it was very easy to make. Only thing I omitted was the walnuts (due to nut allergy) but entire family loved it. They gave it 4 1/2 and 5 stars. Will make again!!"