- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and basil. In another bowl, beat the egg. Dip chicken into egg, then coat with crumb mixture. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forParmesan Chicken Breasts
"Very good and easy to make"
"Awesome, awesome, awesome! My 11 year old who has suddenly discovered he "hates" chicken, absolutely loved this dish! Will be using this recipe again!!"
"It was good but the crust came off of most of it...not sure if it was what I did or the recipe"
"This was very simple to make. I had all of the ingredients on hand, which was nice."
"Panko Italian bread crumbs made this recipe amazing :)"
"I love when a recipe is good and easy as well. Crunchy outside, moist inside. I used what was on my shelf which was Panko style bread crumbs I seasoned with salt & pepper. I had to use more oil than called for, 2 Tbsp wouldn't coat bottom of my skillet. One tip: while browning each side, just leave it alone. It will release from pan when browned and you'll end up with a nice crust."