Buttery, cheesy sticks that melt in your mouth are what Katherine Goss of Wildomar, California loves to share with guests. "These always receive plenty of compliments," she reports. "Folks are often surprised that the only cheese used is Parmesan. It's such an easy way to liven up simple slices of bread."
Recommended: 21 Restaurant Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 slices bread, crusts removed
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a bowl, beat eggs and milk. Dip four slices of bread into egg mixture; place each between two plain slices. Cut each stack into three strips. Combine Parmesan cheese and parsley. Dip all sides of each strip in butter; roll in cheese mixture. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Parmesan Cheese Sticks in Country Woman January/February 1999, p14