Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, cheese, cornmeal, paprika, salt and pepper; set aside. In another shallow dish, beat egg white and milk. Dip fillets in milk mixture, then in flour mixture.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 342 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 355mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Feb 20, 2015
I found this recipe this morning and cook it tonight. Duh Bomb!!!!!. I did use my spices.I was just in Jamica and had a chance to shop on street for spices. And I am getting ready to go again,this time for special stones.
Feb 16, 2015
This fish preparation is easy & delicious. Have made this recipe many, many times since it was first published in 2003. It works on any kind of fish. Good enough for company & I almost always have the ingredients on hand.
Nov 10, 2009
My husband and I were recently diagnosed with diabetes. We are now following the diabetic diet. We never really were fish eaters before but we are learning! One of the recipes we truly enjoy is this recipe for Parmesan Catfish. It is absolutely wonderful!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.