- 1 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place squash and water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, covered, on high 15-17 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Preheat broiler. Transfer squash to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Toss bread crumbs with cheese, salt and pepper; sprinkle over squash. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forParmesan Butternut Squash
"Simple and delicious. Made this as part of Easter dinner and it got rave reviews."
"Excellent. Roasted squash for 30 minutes at 425 degrees. Added topping and broiled."
"I've never put anything but butter or maple syrup on my squash before. This was a nice change! We used regular breadcrumbs in place of the panko, and it turned out fine."
"Loved it! So simple and delish! There was way more topping than needed though, so we threw the extra on some egg noodles to go with it!"
"This dish is a wonderful way to fix Butternut Squash. The flavor and texture are outstanding. Because it uses the microwave to cook the squash, it is also quick to make. Delicious!"