- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; stir in rice. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, melt butter until browned. Place rice in a serving dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Pour butter over rice; cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forParmesan Buttered Rice
"My husband loved this rice dish. I halved the amount of butter and sprinkled the rice with freshly shredded parmesan cheese."
"Even the skeptics loved this rice! easy to make and very delicious. I'm a big fan of garlic so next time I am going to add some garlic with the butter for an extra flavorful treat."