Parmesan Baked Tomatoes
The flavorful and simple butter, Parmesan cheese and parsley topping gives plain rice a tasty twist the whole family enjoys.—Joy Beck, Cinncinnati, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place tomatoes in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and salt; sprinkle over tomatoes. Top with cheese; dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 100 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 786mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Parmesan Baked Tomatoes in Taste of Home February/March 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.