- 4 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Add 1/2 in. of water to a large skillet; add asparagus. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Arrange asparagus in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forParmesan Asparagus
"Well...... I just found my new FAVORITE way to make asparagus!! My husband and I both loved the cheesy taste of this delicious side dish. I did not pre-cook the asparagus before baking and I used olive oil instead of butter.... it was so delicious! I imagine it would be a bit better with butter, so I will stick to the recipe the next time I make it!! Five stars for sure!!"
"easy and delicious!!"
"I have made this for years but I sprinkle ranch seasoning before the butter, then add the Parmesan and cook in oven for 30-40 minutes. The cheese kind of carmelizes on the top, the only problem is NO LEFT OVERS whether10 people. Enjoy.. there are 4 people or"
"This is a delicious and easy way to make asparagus. My husband is a picky veggie eater and he loved it."
"Yummy! That's all I can say. One week later after making it for the first time, I bought more asparagus to make it again."
"easy and delicious!"
"I used this as a last minute veggie for supper and it turned out great! easy to alter the recipe for what ever amount you have. There was NO left overs."
"Took to a dinner party and got rave reviews! Making again when family members come over for Easter."
"VERY simple to make. Tastes delicious!"