Parker House Cornmeal Biscuits
There's just enough cornmeal in these tender little biscuits to give them a lovely golden color, a delicate, buttery flavor and a subtle crunch. —Katrina Rivera, Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Melted butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 6-8 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter; fold dough over and seal edges with a fork.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 136 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.