Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the honey, oil, orange zest, vanilla and salt; pour over oat mixture and mix well. Spread evenly into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in dried fruits. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 132 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 26, 2015
Love this recipe but I omit all of the dried fruit because it is wonderful without and way fewer calories. We put in on top of yogurt and also on top of my healthy apple pie filling. You wouldn't believe that 1/2 cup of the pie filling, 1/4 cup of granola with a big spoon of cool whip is only about 200 calories. Tastes just like apple crisp!
Aug 26, 2013
Thank you so much. I've been looking for a low fat granola. I didnt have all the ingredients, but even with I had, taste GREAT. Next time, I'm going to follow the whole recipe. Thank you again.
Jun 28, 2011
I took my granola out of the oven a few minutes early, and once I put everything together, it looked exactly like the picture!
Jan 2, 2010
This recipe is incredibly easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious. It's one my family wants many, many times and we'll be making it every chance we get. It's a keeper, for sure.