- 8 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large red onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Italian parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, toss chicken with paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. In batches, saute chicken until browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, saute mushrooms in butter until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add stock, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half, 10-12 minutes. Stir in chicken; cook, uncovered, over medium-low until chicken is no longer pink, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in creme fraiche, parsley and the remaining salt and pepper; remove from heat. Stir in noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPaprika Chicken Stroganoff
"Very good. Used smoked paprika and creme fraiche with home made egg noodles. Perfect dinner for a cold winter's evening"