VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and cheese. With a fork, stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 biscuits.
Originally published as Paprika Cheese Biscuits in Country Woman January/February 2003, p36