Paprika Cheese Biscuits
My husband, Tom, loves these biscuit's cheddar flavor. They're so tender, I eat them as a snack.—Melody Smaller, Fowler, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and cheese. With a fork, stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 188 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 492mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Paprika Cheese Biscuits in Country Woman January/February 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.