Papaya Shrimp Salad
“Simple ingredients blend together beautifully to create the refreshing salad with a difference,” says Donna Noel of Gray, Maine.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 4 teaspoons lemon yogurt
- 4 teaspoons chutney
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium papaya
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in shrimp. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, cut papaya in half lengthwise; scoop out and discard seeds. Spoon shrimp mixture into each papaya half. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 348 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 267mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Chutney, Shrimp, Papaya Salads in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.