Pantry-Shelf Salmon Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, milk and corn; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add salmon and parsley. Simmer, uncovered, until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 295 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1212mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 4, 2018
A keeper for a quick, comforting meal. I made this as the recipe specifies except that I used about 10 oz of leftover salmon fillet in place of the canned, upped the milk by about another 1/3 cup, and added some fresh ground pepper. Sprinkled with oyster crackers and more ground pepper after ladeling into the bowl. Adding some diced potato (which I didn't do this time) would be great, especially if put in with the onion to caramelize a bit before adding the rest of the ingredients. I'm a bit of a soup snob and almost always start a pot from bare scratch, but this recipe doesn't suffer from the addition of the canned soup and corn.
Dec 5, 2011
Super. I added some potatoes and a little 1/[email protected]/2 to strech it out for more servings.Nice to come across this when it is 30 utside.