Pantry-Shelf Salmon Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, milk and corn; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add salmon and parsley. Simmer, uncovered, until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 295 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1212mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Mar 4, 2018
A keeper for a quick, comforting meal. I made this as the recipe specifies except that I used about 10 oz of leftover salmon fillet in place of the canned, upped the milk by about another 1/3 cup, and added some fresh ground pepper. Sprinkled with oyster crackers and more ground pepper after ladeling into the bowl. Adding some diced potato (which I didn't do this time) would be great, especially if put in with the onion to caramelize a bit before adding the rest of the ingredients. I'm a bit of a soup snob and almost always start a pot from bare scratch, but this recipe doesn't suffer from the addition of the canned soup and corn.
Dec 5, 2011
Super. I added some potatoes and a little 1/[email protected]/2 to strech it out for more servings.Nice to come across this when it is 30 utside.