"This was one of my favorite dishes when I was growing up," writes Linda Schwarz from her home in Bertrand, Nebraska. "It's so easy to make with convenience items. I usually double the batch because we think the potatoes taste even better the next day."
Recommended: 19 Side Dishes Made in a 13×9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed creamy onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a bowl, combine soups; mix well. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer a third of the potatoes; top with a third of the soup mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pantry Scalloped Potatoes in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p9