Pantry Pork Dish
I put this dish together one day when we had unexpected company for dinner. I used ingredients from my pantry and tossed in some ground pork. Our guests raved about the flavor.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 small onion, chopped, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups julienned peeled butternut squash
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups frozen green beans
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine pork, half of the onion, allspice, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Top with potatoes and remaining onion. Combine flour and remaining salt; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes; drain.
- Layer the squash, nutmeg, remaining pepper and beans on top of potatoes. Cover and bake 30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with almonds; bake for 5 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 505 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 424mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 10g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Pantry Pork Dish in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.