Pantry Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili beans, corn, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, taco seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 247 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 1139mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Pantry Chili
"I wanted to use up some ground beef to make chili, and wanted something quick, so tried this. It was delicious! I had a part of a jar of spaghetti sauce in the fridge which I needed to use, so there was something else I was able to keep from going to waste. This is similar to taco soup....I love the creamed corn, as it gives a sweetness. We put a few corn chips in the bottom of our bowls, spooned on the chili, then topped with a little grated cheese. Yum! Will keep this one handy for future use when I want something quick and g-o-o-o-o-d!"