Pansy ‘n’ Chicken Tossed Salad
This colorful recipe was from a friend who could make anything taste great. —Gaynell Nicholas, Henderson, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup edible pansies
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional edible pansies
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, mint and salt; shake well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, shake dressing and drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Garnish with additional pansies if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 374 calories, 28g fat (4g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Chicken & Walnut Salad in Backyard Living January/February 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.