VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, flour, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the marinara ingredients; heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Panko Chicken with Fresh Marinara in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p61
Reviews forPanko Chicken with Fresh Marinara
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2014
"Yummy. I followed the chicken recipe as-is but served with store-bought marinara sauce."
Reviewed Mar. 9, 2013
"I will make this again. They came out very well cooking with all the coating in tack."
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2012
"Very very good. I will make again."