Panko Chicken with Fresh Marinara
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, flour, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the marinara ingredients; heat through. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts3 chicken tenders with 1/3 cup sauce: 357 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 16, 2014
Yummy. I followed the chicken recipe as-is but served with store-bought marinara sauce.
Mar 9, 2013
I will make this again. They came out very well cooking with all the coating in tack.
Sep 24, 2012
Very very good. I will make again.