- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons crumbled crisp pancetta or crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped peeled ripe pear
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry dough. Using a 1-3/4-in. round cookie cutter, cut dough into 24 circles. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, honey, salt and pepper until well blended. Fold in goat cheese, pancetta, pear and pecans.
- Halve each cooled pastry. Spoon cream cheese mixture over bottom pastry halves; cover with top halves. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forPancetta, Pear & Pecan Puffs
"The filling is delicious however I had problems with the shapes of the puff pastry after cooking. Half of them were not usable as they were all distorted. I will be preparing the second sheet with the hope I will be more successful. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I was testing this recipe to take to a cocktail party next week. I am always looking for prepare ahead and serve at room temperature recipes."