Pancakes with Orange Honey Butter
Whenever I ask my family what they want for breakfast, they invariably ask for these pancakes. Not only are they light and fluffy, but my homemade orange butter adds a special sweet flavor.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ORANGE HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, eggs, oil and honey; add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- For orange honey butter, combine butter and honey in a medium bowl; beat well. Stir in orange juice concentrate until smooth. Serve with pancakes.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 658 calories, 35g fat (17g saturated fat), 224mg cholesterol, 1087mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Pancakes with Orange Honey Butter in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.