- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk and oil; stir into dry ingredients and mix well. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: about 9 pancakes.
Reviews forPancakes on the Go
"Really good, im gonna keep it! I skip the sugar and oil to think they're healthier =)"
"These pancakes are amazing! We make a double batch and then freeze whatever leftovers there might be (they are just as good after freezing as when 'fresh'). The problem is we rarely have any left-overs."
"These were delicious!!! I didn't have the quick oats and had to use rolled oats so they were a little "crunchy" but still delicious! I also didn't have the buttermilk and used the 1 T. lemon juice and the rest milk trick to make it.I am expecting and three hours later I'm still not hungry! I would say these did the job! I can't wait to make them again!"
"I happened upon this recipe as I was looking for quick, simple breakfasts for our home school mornings.The idea of a pancake that is full of whole grains and not dry and crumbly is always appealing. I made a small test batch and decided that it needed 1/4-1/2 cups more flour OR less milk. the batter was too runny the way it was written and the pancakes didn't cook up properly. it tasted even better when we added 1 tsp. vanilla, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon to the batter. when cooking, i found that flipping them past the stage of a few bubbles helped it to be done through and through.overall, very tasty and we will make this recipe again!"
"A nice hearty pancake that you can hold in your hand. Sweetened batter means no syrup necessary. These are often requested in my house. "Got any of those Travel Waffles?""
"These are delicious pancakes that don't need syrup added on top. They are a thick, hearty pancake that you can hold in your hand and eat them on your way out the door in the morning. It's been a family favorite recipe for years."