Pan-Roasted Pork Chops & Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Bake: 40 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons reduced-fat Italian salad dressing, divided
- 4 small potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Place pork chops and 1/2 cup salad dressing in a large bowl; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Refrigerate remaining salad dressing.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut each potato lengthwise into 12 wedges. Arrange potatoes and Brussels sprouts in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle vegetables with remaining salad dressing; toss to coat. Roast 20 minutes.
- Drain pork, discarding marinade. Pat pork dry with paper towels. Stir vegetables; place pork chops over top. Roast 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper; stir in butter. Top pork with crumb mixture. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes.
Editor's NoteTo make soft bread crumbs, tear bread into pieces and place in a food processor or blender. Cover and pulse until crumbs form. One slice of bread yields 1/2 to 3/4 cup crumbs.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1 cup vegetables: 451 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 492mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat.
May 30, 2018
Good flavors on the pork although I tend to dry my pork out.....gotta practice. The potatoes didn't cook as crispy as I'd like. And next time, I'll roast green beans instead of brussels sprouts. Just not a fan.
Dec 14, 2015
I found the timeframe for roasting the vegetables was far too long, especially, the brussels sprouts. Instructions to roast, add pork chops, continue roasting, then broil was too much. I removed the brussels sprouts to roast/broil the pork chops. Marinating the pork chops did result in very tender and tasty chops.
Jan 20, 2015
This was an easy and delicious dinner! My husband said it was one of the best pork chops he's ever had. My kids ate Brussels sprouts. The hardest part is just remembering to defrost the pork and marinade it ahead of time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.