Pan-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika and the remaining salt, rosemary and pepper. Sprinkle chicken with paprika mixture; arrange over vegetables. Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are just tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Top vegetables with spinach. Roast until vegetables are tender and spinach is wilted, 8-10 minutes longer. Stir vegetables to combine; serve with chicken.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with 1 cup vegetables: 357 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 597mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Sep 25, 2019
This is a winner! We loved it. I used 6 chicken thighs but halved the veggies for the two of us. I also added 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning to both the chicken and veggie spices and it was delicious. I did not have spinach so used fresh broccoli. Those were the only changes I made. Followed the rest of the recipe to the letter. Absolutely delicious and we will be having this again soon.
Aug 22, 2019
Why is the photo a still picture of "Rosemary"? I like pictures of the actual recipe, and I don't like videos to replace the actual still recipe picture.
Jul 31, 2019
It was good but next time I would double the seasoning on the chicken, as I thought it was a little bland. I used half the amount of potatoes and added cauliflower and broccoli to keep it lower in carbs. Next time I’ll leave the spinach off. We didn’t care for it. Good recipe with a few tweaks.
Jul 21, 2019
This was an easy dinner to prepare. I didn’t use anywhere near the amount of salt called for... a personal health preference. I substituted fresh green beans for the spinach. It will be a repeat.
May 5, 2019
This recipe is quite good as is and seems that one can definitely make changes to suit individual family tastes. It is a keeper in my opinion!
May 3, 2019
This was so delicious..I just added cut up carrot and seastoned really well on both sides of chicken and vegetables. Great recipe, followed pretty much exactly..just added a little more of the seasoning
Feb 4, 2019
I thought it needed a tad more seasoning, which I adjusted according to taste. I also used more vegetables and added half a packet of dried Italian dressing mix.
Jan 10, 2019
I thought this recipe was really simple and one of the things I love about it is that you really can tailor it to your pallet. I didn't have chicken thighs so I used breasts and cut them in half. To season I used Greek seasoning on the veggies and here garlic on the chicken breasts. A change I would make next time if I was still using breasts would be instead of removing the chicken from the pan just leave it on and at 35 minutes toss the spinach on and let it continue to cook for the ten minutes. You can save sometime this way.
Dec 16, 2018
My first one-pan dish. Loses one star because the chicken isn't flavorful. My son asked if it was seasoned with anything. But, the veggies were fantastic. Since mashed potatoes were requested by a dinner guest, my veggies on the pan were: butternut squash chunks, sliced portobellos, sliced peppers, onions, plus the baby spinach (8-10 mins was spot on for the spinach). In fact, my second serving was a plate of mashed potatoes topped with the roasted vegetables.
Nov 24, 2018
This was great. Will cook this again and again.