Honey and balsamic lend a sweet flavor to chicken in this stovetop supper from Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California. Served over rice, the tangy chicken combination makes a delicious meal on a busy night.
Recommended: 40 Tasty Chicken Thigh Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (6 ounces) instant long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Combine the vinegar, honey and basil; pour over chicken. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until sauce is heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pan-Glazed Chicken in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p42
Reviews forPan-Glazed Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2008
"I cook this all the time and we love it! I make the full sauce recipe for 2 breasts, cook it down further and it works very well!"
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2008
"This was super fast, easy, and delicious. We loved it!"