Pan-Fried Scallops with White Wine Reduction Recipe
- 2 pounds sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- WHITE WINE REDUCTION:
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute scallops in oil until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add wine to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in the orange juice, onion, oregano, mustard and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until reduced by half. Remove from the heat; stir in butter until melted. Serve with scallops. Yield: 8 servings.
4 scallops with 2 tablespoons sauce: 181 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.