Nestled in a skillet with colorful, nutritious carrots and spinach, this catfish fillet comes out perfectly moist. This meal is no more trouble than heating a frozen dinner, but it tastes much better!
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 20 baby carrots
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a large skillet, stir-fry carrots in oil for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add onion; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add catfish; cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove fish and set aside.
- Add spinach, in batches, stir-frying until slightly wilted. Return fish to skillet. Sprinkle with vinegar and sugar. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove to a warm serving dish; spoon pan juices over fillets.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 397 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Spinach Catfish Skillet in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.