Nestled in a skillet with colorful, nutritious carrots and spinach, this catfish fillet comes out perfectly moist. This meal is no more trouble than heating a frozen dinner, but it tastes much better!
Recommended: Easy Fish Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 20 baby carrots
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a large skillet, stir-fry carrots in oil for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add onion; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add catfish; cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove fish and set aside.
- Add spinach, in batches, stir-frying until slightly wilted. Return fish to skillet. Sprinkle with vinegar and sugar. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove to a warm serving dish; spoon pan juices over fillets. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Catfish Skillet in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2006, p190