- 4 lake trout fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon-flavored crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pinch pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- Lemon wedges and/or snipped fresh chives or parsley, optional
- Rinse fish in cold water; pat dry. In a shallow bowl, combine the cheese, cracker crumbs, cornmeal, garlic salt and pepper. In another bowl, beat eggs and milk. Dip fish in the egg mixture, then gently roll in the crumb mixture. In a skillet, fry fish in oil for 5-7 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork, turning once. If desired, garnish with lemon, chives and/or parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPan-Fried Breaded Trout
"This was great-the only problem we had was we couldn't find bacon crackers - they must not make them anymore so we used Ritz."