Robyn Limberg-Child of St. Clair, Michigan assures that the homemade barbecue sauce in this recipe is equally good with chicken breasts or pork chops. "Be sure to serve plenty of rolls or bread to soak up the yummy extra sauce," she suggests.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, ginger, pepper and cayenne if desired; rub over pork chops. In a skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium heat.
- combine the ketchup, soy sauce and honey; pour over the chops. Reduce the heat; cover and simmer until meat is tender and juices run clear.