- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, divided
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) thinly sliced deli pastrami, chopped
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) thinly sliced deli ham, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, butter, salt and 2-1/4 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Roll dough into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cut with a 3-in. round cookie cutter. Reroll scraps to cut a total of 24 circles. Place 1 teaspoon pizza sauce and a slice of pepperoni in the centers of 12 circles.
- Combine the pastrami, ham and cheese; place equal amounts over pepperoni. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon pizza sauce. Cover with remaining circles; press edges with a fork to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with egg. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Warm remaining pizza sauce; serve with pizza pockets. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forPadysaurus Pizza Pockets
"The whole family loved it. My daughter is a picky eater and she ate everything but the edges. A fun kid recipe and tasty for everyone."
"I am 8 years old. I chose this recipe for my turn to cook on family night. My whole family loved it so much they couldn't stop eating. This was the first thing I have ever cooked that was homemade."
"These are great. I was looking for something to take to the football game for my family of 6. These are great to throw into a cooler and everyone can grab what they want."
"This recipe has the best pizza dough I have ever found. My kids love to help make the pockets. They fill them whith whatever they like. To save us some $ we make large batch of them in different shapes depending on the filling. After they cool we vacuume seal them individually then freeze them. For a quick lunch you simply have to remove one from the freezer, cut a slit in the bag and microwave for a couple minutes. I have recommended this recipe to all my friends that have kids."