Pad Thai Cupcakes
This moist, tender cupcake from our Test Kitchen has a bit of heat from cayenne and pepper flakes, while peanut butter frosting provides some sweetness.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chopped salted peanuts, minced fresh cilantro and crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cayenne; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, cream peanut butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the cream, confectioners' sugar and salt. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with peanuts, cilantro and pepper flakes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 409 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Pad Thai Cupcakes in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.