Pacific Rim Fried Rice
My mother lives in Honolulu, and she created this hybrid rice recipe of Western influence (the bacon) and traditional Asian flavors. Now it’s my signature dish for home gatherings. —Aaron Chui, Camarillo, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 cups cold cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Additonal thinly sliced green onions, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Pour in eggs; cook and stir until thickened and no liquid egg remains, breaking up into small pieces. Remove from pan; wipe skillet clean if necessary.
- In same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons in pan.
- Add onion and carrots to drippings; cook and stir over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add green onions; cook 1 minute longer. Add rice, peas, oyster sauce and pepper; heat through, stirring frequently. Stir in eggs and bacon. If desired, sprinkle servings with green onions.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.