VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 cups cold cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Additonal thinly sliced green onions, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Pour in eggs; cook and stir until thickened and no liquid egg remains, breaking up into small pieces. Remove from pan; wipe skillet clean if necessary.
- In same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons in pan.
- Add onion and carrots to drippings; cook and stir over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add green onions; cook 1 minute longer. Add rice, peas, oyster sauce and pepper; heat through, stirring frequently. Stir in eggs and bacon. If desired, sprinkle servings with green onions. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pacific Rim Fried Rice in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p226