- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat egg and sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Stir in vanilla, then flour mixture. Fold in apple and walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared pie plate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. (Cake will puff up, then fall when removed from oven.) With a knife, loosen sides from pie plate while still warm.
- Serve warm. If desired, top with whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forOzark Pudding Cake