- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shortening, chilled
- 4 to 5 tablespoons ice water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- For crust, combine flour, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until ingredients are just moistened. Divide dough in half.
- Between sheets of waxed paper, roll each half into a circle large enough to fit a 9-in. pie pan. Press one circle into the pan; set aside the second circle.
- For filling, combine cranberry sauce, sugars, flour, cornstarch, orange juice, orange zest and salt in a large bowl. Mix well. Stir in blueberries. Spoon filling into pie crust; dot with butter. Place second crust over filling. Flute edges and cut slits to vent steam.
- Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until center is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool to room temperature before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forOzark Blue-Cranberry Pie
"How can I keep my pie shells from becoming soggy when making cream pies ( like pumpkin pies)?"