Oyster Sausage Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 40 min.
Makes9 cups (enough to stuff an 8- to 10-pound turkey)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 10 cups cubed day-old bread, toasted
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole oysters, drained
- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Place soup mix in a bowl; add boiling water and let stand for 5 minutes. In a Dutch oven, melt butter. Stir in bread cubes and onion soup mixture. Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Gently stir in the oysters, sausage, parsley and poultry seasoning.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 228 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 4, 2009
Derrell, do you substitute cornbread for all the bread? This sounds wonderful with cornbread. ljj
Nov 3, 2009
I use cornbread in of bread and always have rave reviews .Derrell
Nov 2, 2009
does the stuffing taste like fish? oyster is fish is it not?