- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 38 crackers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint shucked fresh oysters, drained
- 1/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a small bowl, toss the cracker crumbs and butter. In another bowl, combine the salt, nutmeg and pepper. In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer half of the crumbs, half of the oysters and 1/4 teaspoon of seasoning mixture.
- Combine soup and milk; pour over the top. Layer with remaining oysters and another 1/4 teaspoon of seasoning mixture. Top with remaining crumbs and seasonings. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forOyster Casserole
"When my husband asked for oyster casserole for Thanksgiving, I cringed. Looking for recipes I cringed again until I found this one. It was DELICIOUS and vanished. The only change I made was to cut the oysters(which were huge!) in thirds to spread them out. Definately will make again; have given the recipe away already!"